Do you dream of beautiful, straight teeth? Very few of us are born with a Hollywood smile. We all have a unique set of teeth and some of us are luckier than others when it comes to colour, shape and alignment. Being confident in your smile is really important. If you are dissatisfied with the look of your teeth, this will come to impact your self-esteem.
Here at Highworth Dental Care we think everyone deserves the chance to have the smile of their dreams and this is one of the reasons we use Invisalign for adult orthodontic teeth straightening.
In the past, to have your teeth straightened, the only option were traditional metal braces which were very effective at straightening teeth, but fairly bulky and pretty unattractive. As an adult, wearing big metal braces isn’t exactly an appealing solution. This is perhaps why many of us simply live with our teeth the way they are even when we are not happy with how they look.
By offering Invisalign invisible braces our patients can get the straight teeth they have always wanted without having to put up with visible metal braces.
We think Invisalign has many advantages. If you’re curious, book an appointment or visit one of our regular open days to see what Invisalign can do for you.
Advantages of Invisalign
Invisalign braces offer many advantages, including:
• Easy removal of aligners to eat and drink or to clean.
• Better appearance and comfort since each aligner is trimmed on your gum line.
• They are really discreet – Virtually invisible.
• More controlled, predictable tooth movements because they’re made from SmartTrack material.
• There’s no wires or brackets.
What’s the difference between traditional braces and Invisalign invisible braces?
Here are just a few differences, and how Invisalign differs from the alternatives:
• Oral hygiene is easy: Traditional braces make it difficult to clean your teeth properly because of their wires and brackets, and they take up a lot of a tooth’s surface. Not cleaning your teeth properly can lead to staining, discolouring and oral issues like cavities even gum disease. Since you can remove Invisalign clear braces, you can thoroughly brush and floss your teeth.
• Innovative SmartTrack material: Braces are meant to gradually move your teeth into place. But metal braces sometimes use uncomfortable materials to achieve this. Invisalign still moves your teeth, but uses an elastic material placing more control on that movement.
• You can eat what you like: With metal braces, you have to give up foods like corn on the cob, apples and other hard foods. Sticky food and sandwiches can be out of the question too. With Invisalign clear braces, you don’t have to give up anything. Eat your favourite foods without the worry. Just remember to brush your teeth before you place the aligners back on your teeth.
If you’re ready to hear more about how Invisalign can help improve your smile, give us a call.